My public service priorities are in the areas of land use and planning, the environment and conservation, protection of established neighborhoods , fiscal responsibility and accountability, and issues that impact our youth and senior citizens. I was elected by the citizens of Super District 6 to the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners in 2004.
Over the years I have served the Board of Commission as Deputy Presiding Officer, Chair of Budget & Finance, Planning, Transportation, and rotated on all committees. I am currently serving as the Presiding Officer of the Board of Commission.
In addition to my work for you, I advocate for DeKalb County at a state and national level through my positions as a Board of Managers with the Association of County Commissions of Georgia (ACCG) and the National Association of Counties (NACo) Steering Committee for Environment , Energy, and Land Use, and the Resilient Counties Board initiatives.
- Established the County recycling program
- Created the Green Commission
- Convened the Revenue Enhancement Commission
- Assisted in North, South and Central Senior Centers and District 6 park redevelopments
- Sponsors Neighborhood Watch programs
- Facilitate Community Planning
- Improved stream buffer protection
- Developed Community Garden Program
- Facilitated Friends of Parks programs
- Sponsors improvements to the South River PATH
- Initiated Blueprint to Redefine DeKalb
- Created Independent Internal Auditor System
- Assisted with the establishment of the Conley area CID
- Removed BOC and CEO from Ethics Board appointment process
- Facilitated small area zoning overlays for Bouldercrest, Cedar Grove, Emory Village, Moreland, and Scottdale
- Helped to fund improvements to Brookside Park, Constitution Lake, Dearborn Park, Entrenchment Creek, Fork Creek and Kittridge Park
- Completed Sidewalks in District 6
- Sponsors Improvements to the South River PATH Trail and now working to connect with the Beltline
- Assisted in North, South and Central Senior Centers and District 6 Park Redevelopments
- Sponsor of the new Tobie Grant Recreation Center