An event highlighting existing climate resiliency and climate change mitigation strategies while inviting attendees to be a part of a movement for a green, clean, resilient, sustainable future in DeKalb County.
DeKalb County, GA (9/14/2023)– Commissioner Terry is proud to host the DeKalb Green New Deal Summit at Georgia Piedmont Technical College on October 14, 2023. This free, all day event will highlight existing, successful climate resiliency and climate change mitigation strategies in DeKalb County while also inviting attendees to be a part of a movement for a green, clean, resilient, sustainable future.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Taste a Productive Urban Landscape with Roots Down
- Tour Sustainable Housing Cottages with MicroLife Institute
- Imagine the Clean Energy Future with Southface Institute
- Ride on an Electric Bus with MARTA
- Retrofit Suburbia with Ellen Dunham-Jones and Georgia Tech Students
- Expand your knowledge of trail networks in DeKalb County with Commissioner Michelle Long Spears and Walter Brown, DeKalb County Commission District 2
- Conserve nature with the Village Conservation Community
- See the Sunrise from Arabia Mountain with Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area and Dekalb County Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Affairs—Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
- And so much more!
The climate is already changing, and DeKalb County residents are feeling these dangerous effects through high energy bills, flooding, heat, and extreme weather. The time for bold, urgent action is now. The time for a DeKalb Green New Deal is now. Whether you are a climate action champion eager to make connections, new to sustainability and want to make a difference, or curious how you can incorporate green initiatives into your own county or city, Commissioner Terry welcomes you to attend! RSVP HERE: bit.ly/dekalb-gnd-summit
Date: October 14, 2023
Time: 8 am – 5 pm
Location: Georgia Piedmont Technical College
This event is free to attend. Light lunch and snacks provided.
The DeKalb Green New Deal Summit also includes an optional sunrise hike up Arabia Mountain on October 15, 2023 at 6:30 am.