What is the DeKalb Green New Deal Summit?
Our DeKalb Green New Deal is a people-powered organizing effort that will elevate the realities of the climate crisis, push for bold solutions and help enact meaningful policy solutions to protect our communities. The 2023 DeKalb Green New Deal Summit was an opportunity for movement members to connect, learn about existing climate action initiatives, and chart out the future of a DeKalb Green New Deal.
- Create Solutions to Protect Our Ecosystem with Award Winning Dunwoody Filmmaker Sufi Momin
- Connect with nature and be inspired to make a change with Earth Poet, Stephen Wing
- Taste a Productive Urban Landscape with Roots Down
- Tour Sustainable Housing Cottages with MicroLife Institute
- Imagine the Clean Energy Future with Southface Institute
- Ride on an electric bus with MARTA
- Retrofit Suburbia with Ellen Dunham-Jones and Georgia Tech Students
- Expand your knowledge of trail networks in DeKalb County with District 2 Commissioner Michelle Long Spears and Walter Brown, DeKalb County Commission District 2
- Conserve nature and build community with Village Habitat Design, Farmer D, and Kimley Horn
- See the sunrise from the top of Arabia Mountain with Arabia Mountain National Heritage Area and Dekalb County Recreation, Parks, and Cultural Affairs—Davidson-Arabia Mountain Nature Preserve
- Start an eco-movement with Prickles Plastic Pickle
- Plan a sustainable future with DeKalb County Planning and Sustainability Department
- Pass effective climate policy with Citizens Climate Lobby